Learn how to find reliable, scientific information about food and nutrition and identify the truth behind food headlines.
What topics will you cover?
• How to analyse a headline by understanding the biases that we, as readers, bring to our understanding of food and nutrition stories.
• Become familiar with the journalist’s perspective, the agenda behind the story and the hooks used to make readers interested.
• Discover how to find out about the original science the story is based on and understand how to interpret the results of the research.
• Learn about the regulations surrounding food and nutrition and where to find reliable sources of information.
• Understand the processes of publishing scientific articles
• Use tools that help identify unreliable sources of information