|A2ENMOD(8)||System Manager's Manual||A2ENMOD(8)|
NAME¶a2enmod, a2dismod - enable or disable an apache2 module
SYNOPSIS¶a2enmod [ [-q|--quiet] module]
a2dismod [ [-q|--quiet] module]
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page documents briefly the a2enmod and a2dismod commands.
a2enmod is a script that enables the specified module within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/mods-enabled. Likewise, a2dismod disables a module by removing those symlinks. It is not an error to enable a module which is already enabled, or to disable one which is already disabled.
Note that many modules have, in addition to a .load file, an associated .conf file. Enabling the module puts the configuration directives in the .conf file as directives into the main server context of apache2.
- -q, --quiet
- Don't show informative messages.
- -m, --maintmode
- Enables the maintainer mode, that is the program invocation is effectuated automatically by a maintainer script. This switch should not be used by end users.
- -p, --purge
- When disabling a module, purge all traces of the module in the internal state data base.
EXIT STATUS¶a2enmod and a2dismod exit with status 0 if all modules are processed successfully, 1 if errors occur, 2 if an invalid option was used.
Enables the mod_imagemap module, and disables the mod_mime_magic module.
- Directory with files giving information on available modules.
- Directory with links to the files in mods-available for enabled modules.
SEE ALSO¶apache2ctl(8), a2enconf(8), a2disconf(8).
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Daniel Stone
|12 October 2006|