For a strong, digital Europe.
EIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving Europe’s digital transformation. Its way of working embodies the future of innovation through a pan-European ecosystem of over 200 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes, where students, researchers, engineers, business developers and entrepreneurs collaborate in an open innovation setting. This pan-European ecosystem is located in Amsterdam, Berlin, Braga, Budapest, Brussels, Eindhoven, Edinburgh, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Milano, Munich, Nice, Paris, Rennes, Stockholm, Trento, and San Francisco.
Watch Willem Jonker, CEO of EIT Digital, in a Tech Talk with Anu Deshpande, in Silicon Valley.
Investing in strategic areas
EIT Digital invests in five strategic areas to accelerate the market uptake of research-based digital technologies focusing on Europe’s strategic, societal challenges:
- Digital Tech – European leadership in core digital technologies
- Digital Cities – Digital for the benefit of European citizens
- Digital Wellbeing – Keeping Europeans healthy
- Digital Industry – Building dominant European industry players in digital
- Digital Finance – Digital trust in the European financial system
The ambition of EIT Digital is to educate a new generation of tomorrow’s leaders in Digital technologies, as an answer to the evolving needs of the European economy.
Thanks to its unique format, the EIT Digital Master School offers a truly European experience. During the two-year programme, students enroll at universities in two different countries, leading to two Master of Science degrees as well as the EIT-labelled certificate. They also participate in a three-day business challenge, a two-week summer school and undertake a work placement, all of which can take place in different locations across Europe
The EIT Digital Doctoral School on ICT Innovation innovates with a new kind of doctoral programme based on offering a deep expertise in key digital areas together with a strong background in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. It creates a unique experience combining research, innovation, entrepreneurship, industry involvement and pan-European mobility.
The EIT Digital Doctoral School features three specific elements:
- Standardised I&E Education: Business Competence + Business Development Experience;
- Mobility: six months of geographical mobility;
- Thematic alignment: to the innovation areas, so called action lines, of EIT Digital.
In addition, with the EIT Digital Professional School, you can access high-quality professional courses developed by Europe’s top digital innovation actors and translate your educational experience into actions for the advancement of your career and success of your company.
Support for European tech scale-ups
The EIT Digital Accelerator offers tailor-made growth support for European tech scale-ups by helping secure target customers and raise capital. The team comprises more than 30 experienced business developers and finance experts operating from 13 cities across Europe, along with a hub in Silicon Valley. Since 2012, they have supported more than 280 start-ups who raised a total of EUR 400 million in investment, with more than EUR 90 million facilitated by the Accelerator. The programme was ranked 8th among the Top 20 Active Accelerators in the Global Accelerator Report 2016 by Gust.
A story of success
- More than 195 partners including education or industrial organisations
- More than 1 700 students enrolled in one of the Master School programmes since its beginning
- 170+ PhD students in the Doctoral School in five countries
- Over 100 000 learners took one of EIT Digital's 20+ Massive Open Online Courses
- 90 digital products and services launched commercially
- More than 280 start-ups and scale-ups supported by the EIT Digital Accelerator
- EIT Digital summer school inspires business innovation 19/08/2020
- EIT Digital: Master school alumni wins start-up contest with lipstick technology 07/08/2020
- Back-office digitisation company Oriana joins EIT Digital Accelerator 17/07/2020
- With the pandemic hitting nursing homes, SARA's robots are in growing demand 01/07/2020
- Taking workforce management to the next level: Orquest, Spanish deep-tech joins EIT Digital Accelerator 30/06/2020
- The EIT Digital Venture Program attracts more and more entrepreneurs 25/06/2020
- 12 Feb 2020
- 07 Oct 2019
- 30 Sep 2019
- 03 May 2018
- 20 May 2016
Press Release - New European ways to INNOVEIT